Sopha has been shortlisted for TWO Awards in the Somerset Business Awards
Sopha are thrilled to announce they have been shortlisted for ‘Investing in Somerset Award’ and ‘Environmental Achievement Award’ in this year’s Somerset Business Awards.
Aspects that Sopha have been judged on include:
Investing in Somerset Award
- Sopha is passionate about supporting Somerset’s economy so much so that they have employed a large number of local people, engaged in local training, traded locally and have supported the local supply chain.
- Sopha has made extensive involvements in community engagements especially joining the many Chamber’s of Trade and Commerce and local councils.
- Sopha works with the local councils by supporting their many schemes such as becoming a ‘Plastic Free Champion’ and the ‘Litter Free Coast and Sea’ Business Awards.
- They are thrilled to be a business in Somerset as there are lots of great businesses they can support including The Design Hive.
- They also like to support our High Street businesses through their coffee shop by sourcing our fresh food locally.
- Sopha held a free community day for its Grand Opening with live music and entertainment plus a craft fair alongside our special opening offers and goodie bags.
Environmental Achievement Award
- Sopha is a furniture retailer with a difference who aspire to be sustainable.
- They have won two environmental awards; ‘Plastic Free Champion’ and Litter Free Coast and Sea Business Award Scheme.
- Sopha have taken part in local beach cleans and joined in the nationwide ‘Great British Spring Clean.’
- They ensure to use environmentally sustainable suppliers.
- Sopha recycle or reuse as much product packaging as they can when they receive goods from manufacturers so as to reduce their carbon footprint.
- They have been working with bed manufacturers in Wiltshire who supply their Sopha exclusive mattress range to develop a new environmentally friendly mattress.
Founder, Matt Scott, says “We are proud to call Somerset our home and we are both honoured and amazed to have been shortlisted for two such prestigious awards. Somerset is full of so many amazing businesses and it is the strength of the businesses that we work with that makes it possible for Sopha to have become what it has over the last two years. We really do stand on the shoulders of giants! The environment has always been at the heart of our business and we can’t wait to share with people some of the advances that we will be making over the coming years. A huge thanks to each and everyone of our employees, partners and contractors for all their hard work that has led to this nomination.”
Founder, Emily Scott adds “We were so excited to hear we have been shortlisted for a judges visit when we can share our business goals and demonstrate our sustainability achievements.”
The Somerset Business Awards is the county’s largest annual black-tie awards ceremony, recognising companies around Somerset for exceptional accomplishments across a range of fields. Previous Winners Include: Bradfords Building Supplies, Weston Hospicecare, Introtweet, Melhuish & Saunders and Taunton Doctors.
Sopha is a new kind of furniture store where they put ethics first from only selling quality products from trusted manufacturers to reducing the amount of plastic they use. They are honest with their pricing as they offer best prices all year-round. There are no dull brands; they aim to make their products as bespoke as possible rather than having the same furniture as every other store. Sopha create products where they can be confident in the quality and are discovering how they can change the industry for the long term.